Case studies are the perfect pieces of marketing collateral to demonstrate how your product or service solves a problem in the real world. In fact, in the Code Red cybersecurity thought leadership study¹, they were found to be the most preferred format among an IT professional readership.
Although not typically thought of as thought leadership assets, case studies can lend credibility to the rest of your campaign by demonstrating your ability to effect tangible change and realize benefits for customers in the industry you are passionate about.
Demonstrating concrete achievements can also be a useful counterbalance to the more abstract reasoning that can typify publicity opportunities such as keynote speeches.
Case Study Formats
Case studies tend to follow a tried and tested format to demonstrate your experience and create a favorable impression of your company’s ability to help prospective customers who may be able to identify with the narrative presented in it.
Additionally, case studies typically consist of some, or all, of the following elements:
- An outline of the client and the pain point that led him or her (or ‘the company’) to seek your service.
- A description of the goals which the client sought to achieve by using your solution.
- Did they have a certain metric, or KPI, which they needed to bring into alignment with their goals?
- A description of the benefit realized by using your product or service. Sometimes, an expected or hypothesized benefit it also offered, to show that your solution, or the implementation of it, exceeded expectations.
- A conclusion.
Case Study Benefits
Case studies can:
- Extend the lifespan of existing marketing assets
- Case studies can draw upon material from your current marketing assets, including articles, white papers, and e-books.
- Amplify testimonials:
- A case study tends to carry more weight than a simple quote testimonial. Case studies can let your best customers advocate for you even more convincingly.
- Market your business:
- Of course, from a marketing perspective the main benefit of case studies is to market your goods or services and generate inbound leads.
Ready To Learn More?
- Contact me to learn more about how I can help draft case studies that lend credibility to your business.
- If you would prefer to immediately initiate the quoting process, you can click here and complete the ‘request a quote form.