E-books are here to stay. And they’re an ideal asset to use in any customer journey that involves the expectation of substantial education.
For that reason, e-books have been widely adopted in B2B selling processes.
Thought Leadership E-Book Writing Service
They allow the author to go into even more depth than in a white paper and — if formatted as a native e-book format — can be read conveniently and easily from an e-reader such as the Amazon Kindle.
E-Book or White Paper?
Both e-books and white papers are highly effective B2B marketing assets. In fact, according to Impact market research findings, 80% of prospects would hand over an email in exchange for either — compared to just 31% for a webinar.
Which is ‘better’? Neither, but here are some instances in which you might want to consider each one.
Are Business Ebooks A White Paper By Just Another Name?
A white paper is generally expected to reach some specific conclusion on an issue — or present some original research. With e-books, authors often enjoy more creative license.
For that reason an e-book would be the only choice among the two for a prospective thought leader wishing to present a self-published general memoir-style overview of his or her experience in business.
Other times an e-book might be a better choice include:
- An asset which will have contributions from multiple authors and which isn’t necessarily designed to be read from cover to cover.
- Assets which will have a strong, or overriding, visual component.
- Assets which are simply too long to be considered white papers.
Ready To Learn More?
- Contact me to learn more about thought leadership e-book writing and how I can help draft effective and authoritative writing for your company and its executives.
- If you would prefer to immediately initiate the quoting process, you can click here and complete the ‘request a quote form.