The white paper is another asset that is classically associated with B2B marketing.
White papers are versatile tools for packaging and distributing information that should be sent directly to prospects.
Unlike articles, white papers can be appropriately used as gated assets in lead generation campaigns (for instance, after filling out a landing page form or providing registration details, the prospect automatically receives the white paper by a link sent to their email).
Benefits of Writing White Papers
White papers can help your thought leadership strategy by:
- Disseminating your expertise: perhaps more than any other piece of marketing collateral, white papers have an association with authoritativeness and being an “expert” in your field.
- The strongest white papers contain very little to no direct promotion of the company’s product or service, but rely on “marketing by education” — building up an image of the author as a preeminent expert in his or her field, and subtly positioning the author as the logical person to buy a product or service from.
- Great for collecting leads: Email addresses still reign supreme as the number one personal particular that sales teams want to have access to in order to steer a prospect down the sales funnel. Because white papers can be easily gated, they are a great vehicle for developing a list of pre-qualified sales prospects.
- Great for building trust: Unlike direct promotional material, like brochures or email campaigns, white papers reflect a more nuanced approach to selling. Besides helping to develop a reputation as an expert in an industry, white papers create a sense of trust between you and your prospects.
Ready To Learn More?
- Contact me to learn more about how I can help draft effective and authoritative white papers for your company.
- If you would prefer to immediately initiate the quoting process, you can click here and complete the ‘request a quote form.