Software as a Service (SaaS) Freelance Content Writer
Software as a Service (SaaS) is a software delivery model that has changed the way businesses — and consumers — access software.
SaaS hosts software on the internet, in professional data centers. This relieves end-users of the responsibilities of having to maintain software on their computers. Updates can be managed and deployed centrally by the vendor and then seamlessly rolled out to all users over the internet.
Because data is stored ‘in the cloud’ it is accessible from anywhere. This makes collaboration much easier as changes are synced and propagated from centralized infrastructure to end-users worldwide..
These days, other models are changing how software and technical services are made available to end-users — in ways that differ from the traditional on-premises IT management model:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Users manage from the operating system (OS) layer “upwards” in the tech stack
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): The provider manages everything except the data and applications which are up to the user to provision.
Having managed marketing communications (MarCom) at two SaaS companies and written for many others, I have longstanding experiences working with companies delivering software through this model.
Examples of SaaS companies I have written for include:
- A content experience platform
- A startup using AI to enable bulk, semi-automated processing of routine legal documents, including contracts and NDAs
- An industrial IoT remote gateway provider
- An insurance technology startup
- A leading innovation management software provider
As a complex technology, clients frequently need to leverage the following types of content to best explain how their service or innovation uses these technologies.
Previous SaaS Writing Projects
Examples of blog posts written for a SaaS provider (there are many more in my portfolio):
- An overview of consumer backup options for shared web hosting
Samples, where NDAs permit, can be shared privately or through the online portfolio area.
If you are looking for a technology content writer with experience writing for SaaS companies, then please use the contact form below to start a conversation.